I hope this finds you well. I am super excited to be teaching the Universal Rays Training Program here in St. Augustine.
This high level healing course comes all the way from Australia from my friend and teacher InEasa Mabu Ishtar. WE have been offering it since 2013 in private sessions and now since 2015 we are training practitioners around the world. This will be our 5th training here in Florida.
The Universal Rays Training Program is a four day course with four attunements, training, a manual and extensive class time and practice with Nancy. Nancy is one of only three teachers of the Universal Rays in the United States and the only teacher in Florida.
For questions or to register for the upcoming course August 8,9,10 and 11 in St. Augustine contact Nancy at:
Reiki Master, Integrated Energy Therapy Master Teacher
Universal Rays Practitioner/Teacher
I hope this finds you well. I am in the kitchen today, taste testing recipes for some local Summer Cooking Classes. If you are in St. Augustine they will be at WGV and Palencia. If you cannot make those, I hope you are able to serve up some delicious ideas for Father's Day and the warmer days of June. Look for my cold soup recipe below.
I am also enclosing the link to the June newsletter- in case it didn't make it into your email box. There are some great classes, offerings, and codes you can use for booking- find it heremailchi.mp/8b911eb05a09/find-magic-and-wellness-at-feeding-the-body-feeding-the-soul-3447109?e=f02de765bc
This is such a wonderful time to honor our Father's and the men who went before us. It is also a special time to honor Men's Health month with a healthy Nutrition Tune up for your guys or yourself. We all work together in this world as a team.
We offer gift certificates on the Store Page if you would like to buy yourself or someone else a gift of a Nutrition, Healing or Mediumship Session- check here Holiday Gift Certificate For Services Session for Reiki, Nutrition, IET, UR Healing, Intuitive ReadingHoliday Gift Certificate For Services Session for Reiki, Nutrition, IET, UR Healing, Intuitive Reading
I must get back into the kitchen to test recipes three and four- here is the delicious soup recipe for you today. I just made a batch and it was two thumbs up.
Yellow or Red Tomato Gazpacho
1 ½ cups chopped seed peeled cucumber
1 cup chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
1 cup coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper (or other color)
6 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly Ground black pepper
2 pounds chopped seeded peeled yellow or red tomato (about 6 large)
1 garlic clove minced
To prepare Gazpacho, combine first 9 ingredients. Place 1/3 of vegetable mixture
Process until smooth. Pour pureed vegetable mixture into a large bowl.
Proceed with remaining mixture. Cover and chill.
Serve in a glass or mug with a crouton, a few pieces of quartered chopped tomato or chopped cucumber
Calories 75 kcal, 1 gram or less from fat Protein- 2.4 grams, carbohydrate 10 gram Sodium- 175 mgs
Have a blessed day,
Nutritionist, Intuitive, Healer, Teacher
I love to eat fresh fruits and vegetables.Some times of the year it isn't always easy- so I rely on fresh frozen options instead. If possible, buy organic.
Fruits and vegetables have so much nutrition, taste and texture.
For those of you who are trying to up your intake, here are some tips for you!
20 Ways to Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables-
(adapted from the Academy of Nutrition )
Building a healthy plate is easy when you make half your plate fruits and vegetables. It’s also a great way to add color, flavor and texture plus vitamins, minerals and fiber. All this is packed in fruits and vegetables that are low in calories and fat.
Make 2 cups of fruit and 2 ½ cups of vegetables your daily goal.
Try the following tips to enjoy more fruits and vegetables every day.
1. Variety abounds when using vegetables as pizza topping. Try broccoli, spinach, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini.
2. Mix up a breakfast smoothie made with low-fat milk, frozen strawberries and a banana.
3. Make a veggie wrap with roasted vegetables and low-fat cheese rolled in a whole-wheat tortilla.
4. Try crunchy vegetables instead of chips with your favorite low-fat salad dressing for dipping.
5. Grill colorful vegetable kabobs packed with tomatoes, green and red peppers, mushrooms and onions.
6. Add color to salads with baby carrots, grape tomatoes, spinach leaves or mandarin oranges.
7. Keep cut vegetables handy for mid-afternoon snacks, side dishes, lunch box additions or a quick nibble while waiting for dinner. Ready-to-eat favorites: red, green or yellow peppers, broccoli or cauliflower florets, carrots, celery sticks, cucumbers, snap peas or whole radishes.
8. Place colorful fruit where everyone can easily grab something for a snack-on-the run. Keep a bowl of fresh, just ripe whole fruit in the center of your kitchen or dining table.
9. Get saucy with fruit. Puree apples, berries, peaches or pears in a blender for a thick, sweet sauce on grilled or broiled seafood or poultry, or on pancakes, French toast or waffles.
10. Stuff an omelet with vegetables. Turn any omelet into a hearty meal with broccoli, squash, carrots, peppers, tomatoes or onions with low-fat sharp cheddar cheese.
11. “Sandwich” in fruits and vegetables. Add pizzazz to sandwiches with sliced pineapple, apple, peppers, cucumber and tomato as fillings.
12. Wake up to fruit. Make a habit of adding fruit to your morning oatmeal, ready-to-eat cereal, yogurt or toaster waffle.
13. Top a baked potato with beans and salsa or broccoli and low-fat cheese.
14. Microwave a cup of vegetable soup as a snack or with a sandwich for lunch.
15. Add grated, shredded or chopped vegetables such as zucchini, spinach and carrots to lasagna, meat loaf, mashed potatoes, pasta sauce and rice dishes.
16. Make fruit your dessert: Slice a banana lengthwise and top with a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of chopped nuts.
17. Stock your freezer with frozen vegetables to steam or stir-fry for a quick side dish.
18. Make your main dish a salad of dark, leafy greens and other colorful vegetables. Add chickpeas or edamame (fresh soybeans). Top with low-fat dressing.
19. Fruit on the grill: Make kabobs with pineapple, peaches and banana. Grill on low heat until fruit is hot and slightly golden.
20. Dip: Whole wheat pita wedges in hummus, baked tortilla chips in salsa, strawberries or apple slices in low-fat yogurt, or graham crackers in applesauce.
Nancy Cohen RDN LDN
Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist
St. Johns County
Saint Augustine, Jacksonville and Nationwide
Nutrition Focus and You
Nancy Cohen RDN LDN
Do you ever feel like you can’t remember everything you need to do? Can’t remember someone’s name? You feel fatigued and not sure you are firing on all cylinders? Do you think you just do not feel as well as you used to?
There are new schools of thought today on eating well for focus. Many experts suggest to adults and children alike that eating a diet high in protein with healthy low glycemic carbohydrates will improve mental clarity and focus throughout the day. A drop off in blood sugar which can result from eating a high carbohydrate diet may cause irritability and loss of concentration leading to quick pick me ups that give us that “lift” we need. “Pick me ups” may include coffee, cereal bars, cookies, candy or fruits as a snack. While this is a quick solution to this feeling of dragginess- it actually perpetuates the fatigue cycle.
In addition to consuming quick treats full of simple sugars, caffeine, food additives and chemicals, we also have the concern of continually consuming foods that cause inflammation. Chronic inflammation in the body can lead to symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, brain fog, poor concentration, joint pain, and digestive issues to name a few. These low levels of inflammation contribute to chronic disease therefore it is important to address for overall health and well being. You could take every single food out of your diet and then reintroducing them one at a time to discover which food is the “culprit”- but in this fast paced world full of activities all day and evening long who has time for this?
Food sensitivities differ from a food allergy and a good way to remember the difference is that a food allergy only affects less than 5% of the population and causes a reaction within 4 hours of consumption. A food sensitivity is a chronic activation of the immune system leading to non-immediate and non-life threatening symptoms.
Without eliminating EVERYTHING from your diet and adding them back one by one, there is a simple blood test you could take . The ALCAT test will individualize your diet based on your food sensitivities. To learn more contact Nancy Cohen, RDN, LDN today. email@example.com or 904-687-0720
EATING TIPS FOR MORE ENERGY AND FOCUS:
Go Organic when possible- eliminate as many chemicals from your diet as possible.
Eat 5-6 times per day. Ensure you eat a protein source with each meal to balance blood sugars. Protein foods include: nuts, dairy,meats, poultry, eggs, protein bars or other drinks.
Eat plenty of colorful vegetables
Limit caffeine- replace caffeine with water and drink at least 8- 8 oz glasses per day.
April Come She Will
Hi Everyone,It is so nice to connect with you again. I love the music of Simon and Garfunkel. This song, "April Come She Will" is one written by them. I hope this is a favorite song of of yours too. To me, it brings thoughts of Spring warmth, hope and memories of happy times. I am excited to share this next months happenings at Feeding The Body Feeding the Soul. We have just rolled out our updated website. In this month's issue, we will speak about our many Spring options....
The Class calendar is full of wonderful courses you can take here in St. Augustine, Florida. Some courses are available online as well. See classes here
Our Nutrition and Healing work is available anywhere we can connect by computer or phone- no place is too far away.
Nancy offers sessions in Usui Reiki, Integrated Energy Therapy and Universal Rays Healing. These can be offered in person and online to provide clarity, stress management relief and a boost to overall wellness. She also offers Intuitive Sessions for Individuals. She offers Group Readings as well.
We continue to offer our Nutrition Counseling Services plus all of the incredible testing and products that you have come to love. We continue to offer Designs For Health Products, Young Living, Emerson Ecologics. We are happy to guide you in all of your Nutrition and Health needs? Check out our Health and Wellness Products here.
Nancy is also a gifted Intuitive and offers Private Readings and Group Readings. She offers Intuitive/Mediumship Sessions for Individuals. Check the website for details.
As April begins, we invite you to get in touch with feeding your body and your soul; that's the true source of health. Whether a class or a private session, we can help wherever you are, when you are ready...sound interesting? As a way to open yourself to the new we are offering a 10% off sessions (perhaps try something new like IET or Universal Rays?) between now and April 21st. Use code Spring Ahead on the booking calendar here. These discounts can not be applied to nutritional tests- but can be added to nutrition counseling portion of the process.
Thank you for sharing your heart and soul with me - I feel honored and blessed to work with you.
Nutritionist, IET Master Teacher, Usui Reiki Master, Universal Rays Healer, Intuitive
Put A Spring in Your Step with Integrative, Functional Nutrition and Energy Work at Feeding The Body Feeding The Soul
With Spring Around The Corner it is a wonderful time to renew your health and wellness with Integrated Nutrition Techniques and Energy Balancing Sessions
At Feeding The Body Feeding The Soul we are always on the cutting edge of Nutrition Approaches to help you look and feel your best. Whether it be through unique nutrition counseling to improve your focus and clarity, food sensitivity testing for missing nutrients in your diet or new nutritional products that make you feel that spring in your step again. At Feeding the Body Feeding the Soul, we encourage restorative behavior in all its forms. Check out our Enlightening Sessions and Classes, in Universal Rays, Integrated Energy Therapy and Usui Reiki.
Don't forget that we also offer Pet Integrated Energy Therapy sessions for you beloved family pets. Assist your beloved animals to "get the issues out of their tissues" too!( My beloved dogs, Swagger and Dinah love getting their IET sessions)
Are you ready to open yourself to what Spring can offer to you?
The Class calendar is full of wonderful courses you can take here in St. Augustine, Florida. Some courses are available online as well. Our next section of the Path of Light is starting in just three weeks This magnificent course can be taken from the comfort of your home globally!
Our Nutrition and Healing work is available anywhere we can connect by computer or phone- no place is too far away.
We continue to offer our Nutrition Counseling Services plus all of the incredible testing and products that you have come to love.
So many of our clients are thrilled with their results. Terri W. claims " I thought I would never feel this good again. The inflammation in my joints and in my skin is virtually gone. I feel lighter and better than I have in years."
Remember that Nancy works with adults, children and teens. Nancy offers Nutrition education locally and nationwide. Check the calendar to see the classes in Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), Reiki, and Universal Rays Levels 1,2 and now 3 offered this Spring.
Are you aware that we offer Designs For Health Products, Young Living, Emerson Ecologics. We are happy to guide you in all of your Nutrition and Health needs? Check out our Health and Wellness Products here.
Nancy is also a gifted Intuitive and offers Private Readings and Group Readings. Check the website for details.
As Spring begins, we invite you to get in touch with feeding your body and your soul; that's the true source of health. Whether a class or a private session, we can help wherever you are, when you are ready...sound interesting? As a way to open yourself to the new we are offering a 10% off sessions (perhaps try something new like IET or Universal Rays?) between now and April 21st. Use code Spring Ahead on the booking calendar here. These discounts can not be applied to nutritional tests- but can be added to nutrition counseling portion of the process.
Let's get in touch and reignite your spark. Here's to a wonderful Spring!
Nancy Cohen, RDN, LDN
Feeding the Body Feeding the Soul
St. Augustine, Florida
Florida, Colorado and Worldwide
Managing Stress: Food and Mood: What’s the Link?
Whether it’s a magazine ad, television commercial or advice from a registered dietitian, messages that guide us towards making sensible food choices that influence many aspects of our health -- heart, eyes, skin, gastrointestinal tract and immune system -- are all around us. But growing scientific evidence suggests that food can also influence other, less visible yet equally important aspects of wellness: energy level, stress level, mood, memory, and sleep-wake cycles.
Lack of selenium may have a negative impact on your mood. Individuals suffering from a lack of selenium have been shown to be more anxious, irritable, hostile, and depressed than their non-lacking counterparts. Selenium-rich foods include Brazil nuts, tuna, swordfish, sunflower seeds and whole grain cereals.
Memory and Concentration
Choline, a vitamin B-like compound, is a precursor to the brain neurotransmitter, acetylcholine which is linked to memory. People given drugs that block acetylcholine flunk memory tests. Low levels of acetylcholine have been linked to Alzheimer's disease and poor memory. Choline-rich foods include eggs, liver, lean beef and poultry.
B vitamins help the body convert food into energy, but do not provide energy on their own. Suboptimal intake of B vitamins can interfere with the body’s ability to convert carbohydrates and fats into energy. Make sure you get enough B vitamins by including fortified cereals, whole grains, beans and peas. Overeating at ay one meal can zap your energy level. Eat your biggest meal at breakfast; eat a moderate-sized or light lunch and a light meal at dinner.
Eating carbohydrates will trigger the release of insulin into the blood stream, allowing tryptophan, a precursor to the brain neurotransmitter serotonin, to enter the brain. Elevated serotonin levels produce a sense of calm and may induce sleep. Tryptophan-rich foods include turkey, chicken, fish, bananas milk, cheese, beans and soy. A small bedtime snack can consist of healthful carbs plus a small amount of tryptophan-rich food like whole grain cereal + milk, sliced half banana topped with yogurt, a few whole grain crackers + low fat cheese, ½ turkey sandwich on whole grain bread. Lighter dinners are more likely to give you a restful night’s sleep than large, heavy ones. Avoid caffeine-containing foods, beverages and medications.
Red Flag Food Behaviors
Excessive coffee drinking. Drinking coffee may offer a temporary burst of energy, but for most people, the spurt is short-lived. In fact, for some, caffeine may worsen depression. Studies have found that in people with caffeine sensitivity, eliminating caffeine may actually improve mood and boost energy.
Overdoing sugar. Eating sweet foods triggers a release of endogenous opiates – opium-like compounds made in the body which lead to a temporary feeling of pleasure. Constantly seeking comfort in sweet carbs and sugar-rich foods can lead to a never ending cycle of excessive calorie intake, according to one researcher.
Skipping meals, especially breakfast. Eating a healthy breakfast provides the fuel your body and brain need to start the day. Breakfast provides energy for mental and physical activity and improves productivity. It also increases the rate at which you burn calories throughout the day. Skipping breakfast is likely to leave you feeling sluggish, tired and hungry.
Overeating at lunch. Beware of lunch buffets or business lunches where there is a tendency to overeat. Try to steer away from heavy lunches that include fried or fatty foods. These energy-zapping lunches leave you feeling stuffed, sluggish and ready for a nap.
5 Steps to a “Good Mood” Eating Plan
1. Try to eat several times a day: three meals and one or two snacks. Following a regular eating schedule provides your body—especially your brain—with a steady supply of energy throughout the day. The best diet is rich in complex carbohydrates (whole grains, beans, fruits and vegetables), with ample lean protein and unsaturated fats.
2. Include breakfast every day. The benefits are many, including improved attention span and productivity. Breakfast helps “jumpstart” calorie-burning that will last throughout the day.
3. Limit sweet and sugar-containing foods to one or two per day. Replace refined sweets with more nutritious sources of carbohydrates like fruit, yogurt mixed with fruit, popcorn, whole grain crackers, veggies with salsa.
4. Limit caffeine-containing beverages including coffee, tea and colas, to two per day. The “kick” is typically short-lived and can leave some people feeling depressed. Caffeine, a known diuretic, can increase the body’s need for water. Most important, too much caffeine can disrupt the delicate balance between sleep and wakefulness.
5. Drink plenty of water; aim for six to eight glasses per day. Shorting your body on water can lead to fatigue. Individual fluid needs can vary widely, depending on activity level, environmental conditions at home and work and whether or not a person sweats profusely. A rule of thumb to help know whether or not you are drinking enough is to check the color of your urine. If it is pale, like the color of lemonade, you are probably drinking enough. If it is dark, resembling the color of apple juice, then you need to up your fluids. Water should fulfill at least half of your daily fluid needs. Other good choices include decaffeinated tea, flavored seltzer, diluted fruit juice and other calorie-free beverages.
Nancy Cohen RDN LDN
References: Food & Mood, The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best by Elizabeth Somer, M.A., R.D. and Environmental Nutrition Newsletter.
Creating Your Vision and Map for Success
What is a Wellness Map and Wellness Vision?
• A Wellness Map is the tool that contains both the destination (wellness vision) and the route (weekly goals). We use this tool to give us direction and help us stay on course when we are changing our lifestyle behaviors and losing weight.
• A wellness vision is a general statement about what you want in the longer term with respect to your health and well-being.
• A wellness vision is a general statement about what you want in the longer term (1, 2 or 5 years) with respect to your health and well-being.
• Wellness is much more than the absence of disease. It can relate to your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
• Mastery of your health and wellness doesn’t happen naturally. We need to plan and take action to improve and maintain our health.
• To function and think well so that I can enjoy life. I want to go places and do things with a feeling of energy and wellness. I want to be active so that I can be involved in more community events. • To establish healthy eating habits and regular physical activity habits so that I can be a good role model for my children.
• I want to take charge of my health so that my blood pressure and blood sugar are within a healthy range so that I can get off some of my prescription medications. • I want to lose 30 pounds, so my diabetes doesn’t worsen and progress to the complications like many of my family members. I also want to play with my grandchildren.
Develop Your Wellness Vision: Take a moment and write down Your Wellness Vision. What do you want out of your life in terms of health and wellness? _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
To work with a Wellness Professional to support your health and Nutrition contact Nancy Cohen RDN LDN today.
Nancy Cohen RDN LDN
Hello Dear Friend,
I hope this finds you well. I am so excited to tell you about this years offerings for The Master’s Way.
As you may know, there are three levels of this magnificent work. The Path of Light, The Path of Love and The Path of Mystery. They are in that order. If you have completed any of them, then you can move on to the next level or choose to repeat a class you have already taken- so I am sharing with you all the classes and dates that are coming up.
The manuals are to be ordered from Ishtar at https://www.ishtarmasterchannel.com/about-the-masters-way, unless you choose to repeat with a manual you already have. Many people repeat Light, Love and Mystery because they love the connection and want to be in the energy of the lessons, Ascended Masters and the group energy- you know how magnificent that makes you feel from week to week.
So here are the classes-each week is $18 for class which you pay to me at https://www.feedingthebodyfeedingthesoul.com/spiritual-classes. in full to me or in pre-arranged monthly payments. If you do not see your class here contact me directly.
The Path of Light ( level one) begins on Thursdays- starting March 7th 730 pm 30 weeks + opening and closing ceremony.
The Path of Love will begin Wednesdays February 27th 11-30 am- 130 pm 33 weeks + opening and closing ceremony.
The Path of Mystery will begin Tuesdays April 9th 830 pm-1015 pm 33 weeks + opening and closing ceremony.
To find out more information contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE MASTERS’ WAY
You are a shining star that is connected to the whole, yet you hold individual keys within that are waiting to unfold and manifest on the Earth.
Choose to Become All that You Are….
Would you like to enhance and grow your spiritual connection? Are you open to receive new energy and insights into your soul? Do you want to come into your Mastery on the Earth?
If you answered yes to these questions then consider choosing The Master’s Way. It is a self-mastery program that teaches you how to master your life and become self empowered through the knowledge, wisdom and mystery of the Universe. It teaches you about who you are and how to connect with the light and knowledge of your soul.
This self-mastery program is taught over three levels and activates the Threefold Flame with your consciousness. This first level is the Path of Light, which shows you how to work with the energy of the Universe and focus this energy to manifest and create the life your soul wishes to live.
During this course you learn how to work with the chakras, the energetic bodies, Karma, Universal Laws, light rays of energy, the soul, the light body and much more.
How will it improve your life?
· Create a deeper connection to your soul
· Assist you to receive guidance more easily
· Learn how energy flows and how you can create with it and much more
· Open your unique gifts
· Find techniques to release fear and limitations
· Resolve parts of you that hold beliefs and patterns that do not serve you
· Improve your relationship with others
· Come into your mastery of self
The Masters’ Way is filled with channelled wisdom teachings and energy attunements from the Ascended Masters and comes with a 332-page manual and audio recordings. To find out more visit: http://www.ishtarmasterchannel.com/the-masters-way/
If you have any questions call or write me. I look forward to having you in The Master's Way class this year.
Love and blessings,
What's New in 2019
Happy New Year! At Feeding The Body Feeding The Soul we have new classes, processes, and nutrition surprises for you on tap. This is a wonderful time of year to give yourself the gift of perfect health via Nutrition or Energy Work. Check out our calendar pages.
A Message from Nancy Cohen RDN LDN
Dear Friends, Clients and Students,
Happy Healthy New Year! It is a wonderful time to send you wishes to thank you for all you participated in last year and support you in your health and wellness quests in 2019.
As always, we offer amazing courses in healing and wellness at Feeding The Body Feeding The Soul. We have new classes starting right away in Reiki, Integrated Energy Therapy, Universal Rays Training and our ever popular 33 week Path of Light online course that is sure to change your life and open you up to all that you can be. For those of you who have already taken Path of Light- Path of Love and Path of Mystery are on the calendar as well.
Additionally we continue to offer the highest grade Nutrition Counseling and Nutrition Testing for Food & Chemical Sensitivities, Vitamin and Mineral Testing, CICA Testing for Crohn's, Celiac, MTHFR, MTR and other professional tests to determine if you metabolize your food, vitamins and minerals effectively and efficiently. We assist you with Nutrition Issues related to wellness, weight management, medical health issues and more.
To find out more about our Nutrition Services go here:
To find out about our Healing Classes and Services:
To buy a gift certificate, buy supplements or pay for a service go here:
As a gift to kick off the New Year- I am offering a one time 10% off services gift for sessions in Nutrition, Healing and Mediumship if you book before January 31st. Mention CODE NEWYEAR2019 when booking your appointment. To use our new booking calendar please go here
We offer wonderful supplements from Design For Health. Feel free to check out the products here:
Be sure you remember to use the discount code FIRST25 or DFH10% when ordering.
If you have any questions or are ready to book an appointment or a class, contact me at the website or the numbers below.
Wishing you all the best in 2019!!
Nancy Cohen, RDN LDN
Reiki Master, IET® Master Teacher, Universal Rays Teacher Practitioner, Animal Healing and Medium
Nutritionist, Dietitian & Energy Worker